Xcite East Calder Duty Supervisor ESCDS003
Closing date: Monday 9th December 2019
Salary: £9.64 per hour
Hours: 33 average hours per week
Apply online here
Job Purpose – overview
West Lothian Leisure is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
Your role as Duty Supervisor is to be responsible for supervising the work of staff to ensure that the facilities are running efficiently and that excellent customer service is delivered.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of staff
- Ensure that all staff, customers, contractors and visitors are working to the highest standards to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Ensure adherence to the organisations, policies, procedures and working guidance
- Ensure sufficient numbers of appropriately trained staff are available to safely deliver services
- Ensure that the facility programme is delivered successfully in accordance with the service standards
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness in the facility
- Carry out front-line leisure staff duties
- Prepare timesheets for authorisation
- Liaise with property maintenance staff and contractors to assist in the maintenance of property and assets
- Actively promote and sell products and services
- Undertake administrative functions, stock management and the maintenance of accurate records
- Ensure that cash takings are secure and counted in line with the Charity’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out general tasks including routine maintenance and cleaning duties.
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A good ability to demonstrate the core competencies and management competencies.
- Excellent customer service experience and skills preferably gained in the leisure industry.
- For centres with pools, National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- For centres with pools, have obtained or willing to work towards a recognised Pool Plant Certificate within the first year of employment
- Hold or willingness to obtain and apply knowledge/skills from Emergency First Aid qualification.
- Hold or willingness to obtain, update and apply knowledge/skills from automated external defibrillator (AED) qualification.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent level of skill with Excel, Word
- Good administrative skills
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Successful study at HNC level or above or equivalent.
- Supervisory experience, preferably in a similar leisure centre environment.
- Gym Instructor Level 2 or equivalent.
- Experience in maintenance of swimming pool plant and water treatment equipment.
- Proficient in the use of MRM Information Management System.
- Working knowledge of membership administration and sales techniques.
- Coaching and/or sports coaching qualifications.
- At times will work in hot, humid and occasionally noisy conditions.
- Open and close the Leisure Centre and ensuring security of its assets.
Core organisational competencies
- Service delivery
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
- Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
- Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
- Personal effectiveness
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
Core Management competencies
- Developing self and others
- Investing time and resources in developing self and others’ capability.
- Team working/Leading and inspire
- Motivating others and developing teams to deliver the trust’s objectives.
- Strategic thinking
- Making sense of complex and disparate ideas and innovating.
- Commercial focus/awareness
- Investigating and gathering information in order to make sound commercial decisions.
- Entrepreneurial drive
- Being business focused with a desire to constantly improve performance.
- Partnership working/stakeholder management
- Working effectively with others inside and outside the trust to achieve the best outcomes.
- Analysis and decision making
- Identifying and analysing relevant data from multiple sources. Making objective and timely decisions based on available evidence and sound analysis. Generating a range of ideas to support decision making process.
- This position is subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme check.
- Hours will be worked on a shift rota basis and will include evenings and weekend working
You will be required to be available for emergency call outs
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.and weekends.