Casual Catering Assistant for various sites
At Xcite we sometimes require flexible individuals who can be called into action at short notice!
You'll be on standby to help during busy times to cover holidays and periods of absence.
Casual cover currently required at Xcite Livingston, Xcite Linlithgow and Xcite Bathgate
Closing date: 5th September 2019
Salary: £9.00 per hour
Apply Online here
Job Purpose – overview
West Lothian Leisure is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
Your role as Café Assistant is to prepare and serve a range of simple hot and cold meals, drinks, sandwiches and snacks and to deliver an excellent catering service
Core Accountability & Responsibilities
- Prepare and serve a range of simple hot and cold meals, drinks, sandwiches and snacks
- Undertake routine maintenance and cleaning duties
- Actively promote the healthy eating agenda
- Maintain vending machine stock and operation
- Actively promote and sell products and services
- Conduct stock checks and maintain accurate records
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness in and around the café area
- Undertake administrative functions and maintain accurate records
- Carry out general tasks including routine maintenance and cleaning duties
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- REHIS Elementary Food Health and Hygiene Level 2
- Basic food preparation and food assembly experience
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Stock management and merchandising experience
- Experience of a customer service environment
- Experience of operation of point of sales terminals and reconciliation of daily banking
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety responsibilities in a catering environment
- Highest standard of cleanliness and hygiene in and around the café and kitchen areas
- Will work in a hot kitchen environment with peak busy times
Core organisational competencies
- Service delivery
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
- Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
- Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
- Personal effectiveness
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
- Hours will be worked on a shift rota basis and will include evenings and weekend working
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.
Click here to apply online.