Job Purpose – overview
West Lothian Leisure is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
Your role is to ensure that programmes, services and activities are supported whilst working as part of a wider team to deliver excellent customer service.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Set up and take down sports equipment and make sure that it is safe and well maintained
- Deliver excellent customer service and resolve customer complaints should they arise
- Undertake cleaning duties to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness
- Undertake cleaning duties to the required schedule
- Use chemical agents as directed to protect the Charity’s assets
- Empty waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Process bookings and payments through cash and credit card transactions
- Support the wider facilities team in promoting products and services
- Maintain vending stock levels (at designated facilities)
- Undertake general administrative tasks to support the delivery of programmes and services
- Report and monitor defects in the Charity’s property and assets
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Demonstrate good core competencies.
- 2 standard grades or equivalent in Mathematics and English (or similar)
- Hold or willingness to obtain and apply knowledge/skills from Emergency First Aid qualification.
- Suitable and sufficient face to face customer service experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Successful study of a relevant subject at NC level or above
- Coaching and/or sports coaching qualifications.
- Level 2 Gym Instructor or equivalent.
- NPLQ (Level 2)
- First Aid at Work qualification
- A working knowledge/willingness to learn about the Charity’s policies and procedures/products and services.
- Taking possession of security keys to open and close the leisure centre as required.
Core organisational competencies
- Service delivery
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
- Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
- Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
- Personal effectiveness
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This position is subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme check.
- Hours will be worked on a shift rota basis and is likely to include evenings and weekend working
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.