Job Purpose – overview
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
Based at Head Office and our Xcite facilities the membership advisor role, as part of the membership team, is centred around updating membership accounts and facilitating change to memberships that our customers wish to make. The role will also involve work across our other Xcite facilities. This role will involve processing membership freezes, upgrades and downgrades and cancelations both over the phone and online. Website chat box coverage will also be required. In this role you will be require to meet targets set to retain members who wish to cancel and encourage those to unfreeze their membership and increase the monthly DD run. The role will also involve supporting front line staff in delivering the company sales process. Full list of responsibilities is detailed below.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Demonstrates excellent core organisational competencies.
- 1-2 years customer service experience either in Fitness, Sports and Exercise Environment
- Excellent MRM plus 2 knowledge in particular membership processing procedures
- Excellent knowledge of all Xcite membership types
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly competent level of skill with Excel and Word
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
- Hold and maintain a current valid driving license [and use of a vehicle].
- The flexibility to work evening and weekends when required
- The flexibility to work across multiple facilities
- Valid and current driving License
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Successful study at HNC level or above or equivalent.
- Working within the sales and retention department to maximise the benefits of membership business intelligence
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This post is subject to a basic check from Disclosure Scotland.
- Required to work flexibly with some evening and weekend working
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.