Domestic Assistant (Cleaner) @ Xcite Linlithgow - LLCDOM20
Based at Xcite Bathgate, we are looking to recruit a Domestic Assistant (Cleaner) who takes pride in their work to ensure that the building is in sparkling condition for our customers.
Hours of work: 20 hours per week, days/times as outlined below:
Closing date: 26th September 2023
Apply online here
Job Purpose - Overview
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
Your role as a Domestic Assistant is to ensure that the facility is maintained to the highest standard of cleanliness whilst working as part of a wider team to deliver excellent customer service.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Undertake cleaning duties to ensure the highest standard of cleanliness
- Undertake cleaning duties to the required schedule
- Use chemical agents as directed to protect the Charity’s assets
- Empty waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Deliver excellent customer service and resolve customer complaints should they arise
- Promote products and services to customers and visitors
- Set up and take down sports equipment as may occasionally be required
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate good core competencies
- Must be able to physically lift loads up to 25 kg in accordance with manual handling procedures.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Prior experience of cleaning
- Face to face customer service experience, preferably in similar leisure environment
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety responsibilities in a swimming pool (where applicable) and sports centre environment
- Take possession of security keys to open and close the Leisure Centre as required.
- Regular work with cleaning chemicals.
Core organisational competencies
- Service delivery
- Honesty and integrity
- Respect for equality and diversity
- Personal effectiveness
- This position is subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme check.
- Hours will are likely to include evenings and weekend working
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.