Job Purpose – overview
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity, outdoor education and culture.
Your role is to work with key stakeholders to increase participation and create more opportunities for young people living in West Lothian.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Coordinate develop and deliver commercially viable children’s activity programmes.
- Manage Xcite’s Junior Membership Package performance.
- Increase junior membership Sales and performance.
- Develop old and identify new products which could enhance programmes.
- Manage booking systems to enhance and improve service delivery.
- Liaise with Active Schools within West Lothian
- Support partners to ensure that all employees working within Children’s Activity programmes are appropriately qualified and trained, adopting consistent quality measures across partners.
- Liaise with Xcite Health and Wellbeing team to work together on the Get Going project with a key focus on children’s health.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with on site management teams to organise children’s school holiday programmes
- Increase capacity, improve the quality of the Learn-To-Swim scheme, maximising income and delivery of a first in class customer service.
- Assist in the coordination of a comprehensive training and development programme for Swimming teachers and coaches across West Lothian, including the delivery of CPD.
- Develop, evaluate and implement a robust mentoring programming for swim teachers.
- Work closely with clubs, governing bodies and act as the key liaison person across all partners to increase participation.
- Undertaking market research to ensure all children’s activity programmes are reflective of community needs.
- Apply for external funding to increase opportunities for participation.
- Meet agreed income, expenditure and other KPI’s relating to areas of responsibility.
- Submit and presenting reports.
- Support partners to manage events, festivals and holiday programmes.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Attend training and development sessions, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work to ensure your Health and Safety competence and your continuous professional development.
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Demonstrates excellent core organisational competencies
- Educated to HND level or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Sports Studies
- 1-2 years’ experience working in a similar post
- Hold or willingness to study for the ILM level 3 Coaching certificate within first year of post.
- Hold a UKCC Level 2 Teaching Aquatics (or equivalent)
- A track record of working in partnership with others
- Knowledge of swimming development pathways
- Commercial awareness
- An ability to speak confidently and fluently, and hold the attention of others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent budgeting skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent report writing skills
- Excellent planning skills
- Ability to prioritise and work to deadlines
- Highly competent level of skill with Excel, Word, PowerPoint and MRM
- Hold and maintain a current valid driving license [and use of a vehicle].
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Experience of working in a swim school
- Knowledge of MRM Information Management System
- Licensed Scottish Swimming Tutor
- Work in close partnership with key stakeholders
- Maintain accurate records.
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions
- This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
- Required to work flexibly with some evening and weekend working
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work