Block Booking Administration
- West Lothian Leisure (WLL) Block Bookings run from April to March in all WLL venues. Unless indicated by either party the option to renew will made available for the forthcoming year.
- Block Bookings are NOT granted entirely on a first-come-first-served basis. Each application is evaluated and the final decision to permit the booking will lie with the Schools Business Development Manager.
- The time for the block booking is inclusive of set up and dismantling equipment and each Let is responsible for their own set up/dismantling of equipment. No extra time is allocated for this purpose and warm-up/changing time must be booked separately.
- Let holders must complete an induction procedure made available by WLL staff which will include Fire Alarm Signal/Fire Evacuation routes and assembly points.
Payment of Block Booking Sessions
- Block Bookings can be paid weekly in advance at the Xcite Venue or monthly in arrears by Direct Debit. Direct Debits will be payable on the 1st of each month and will accumulate all bookings for the previous calendar month. Weekly payments will be 7 days prior to the booking and the first booking of a block must be paid at the time of booking to confirm. Advanced cash payments can only be paid online by requesting log in details.
Monitoring & Notice Periods
- Should WLL deem that any Block Booking is continually abusing the Block Booking system in any way then WLL retain the right to cancel that block booking with a minimum of 7 days’ notice in writing.
- Should WLL require any area of their facility that is normally used by a Block Booking for the purpose of a special event or similar, WLL will inform any booking affected with a minimum of 7 days' notice period.
- WLL is not obligated to provide or seek alternative premises for any cancellation, however, will liaise with and support the customer in trying to do so if assistance is sought.
- Block Booking candidates who are wishing to cancel ALL bookings must give a minimum of 28 days notification and make the final Direct Debit Payment on the 1st of the consecutive month.
- WLL will publish all Price Changes and it is the responsibility of the Block Booking applicant to remain conversant with any changes relevant to their booking. WLL will not individually letter every booking on each occasion where there is a change to the price.
- Management of cancellation requests lies directly with the Manager. Individual sessions can be cancelled in secondary school facilities with a minimum 7-day notice period*.
- Cancellation of matches will be honoured on less than 7 days notice however, if the cancellation is within 48 hours of the start time, the Let will incur a 50% charge for the booking. If the cancellation is requested with less than 48 hours notice the Let will incur a 75% charge for the booking*.
*Any exceptional circumstances will be considered by the Schools Business Development Manager.
- The Block Booking customer must only use the area designated for the block booking and at the times specified. WLL reserve the right to change the time and area of the booking by giving the customer reasonable notice.
- Any form of anti-social behaviour is strictly forbidden and likely to lead to the termination of future bookings for the member. This includes though is not restricted to: spitting, excessive foul language, aggressive behaviour, disagreements with other users, disregard for other customers using WLL facilities and disregard for WLL staff.
- It is the responsibility of the Let to ensure all areas are left clean and tidy and any damages/spillages etc should be reported to WLL staff/Facility Management staff immediately.
- It is the responsibility of the Let to ensure all necessary safety/equipment checks are carried out before proceeding with their Let. Any damages/spillages should be reported to WLL staff/Facility Management staff before proceeding with the booking.
- The person responsible for the Block Booking must pay for all facility equipment that is damaged through improper use. This payment will be due no later than 7 days after the damage has occurred.
- Lets are responsible for reporting any accidents, incidents or near misses immediately to WLL staff/Facility Management staff on duty.
- All incidents should be recorded and details passed on to WLL.
- All Lets are responsible for the Health, Safety and Welfare of persons participating in their activity. A Risk Assessment should be completed for all activities including details of instructor qualifications, ratio’s, equipment etc. Risk Assessments should be submitted alongside the Booking Request Form and be reviewed on an annual basis.
- The Let holder must ensure that it complies with the terms of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups (Scotland).
- All Let holders utilising the swimming pool facilities should consider the governing bodies guidance on teacher/coach to bather ratio as detailed in the NOP provided by WLL.
- Applications for long term bookings by clubs and external groups will be subject to the successful completion of the WLL lettings process (OP1-49).
- All sports coaches must hold a recognised governing body qualification of a suitable standard for coaching relevant to the activity and organisation. These qualifications must be presented upon booking or renewal and upon management request at any time. And all activities should be conducted in-line with the governing bodies guidance.
- Swimming Club/Schools utilising secondary school facilities must hold a Lifeguarding qualification (NPLQ or NRASTAC) and provide WLL with records of ongoing training upon request.
- All non-pool related Clubs/Businesses utilising secondary schools facilities must have at minimum, an Emergency First Aid qualified person present and be able to provide their own first aid provisions. These qualifications must be presented upon booking or renewal and upon management request at any time.
- Let Holders must ensure that all employees, coaches and volunteers who have an NPLQ, NRASTAC or a First Aid qualification maintain ongoing CPD training in line with the guidance from the awarding body for each qualification.
- All constituted clubs must be able to provide the Club Constitution upon request.
- For fully constituted clubs, official school holidays will also be recognised as breaks in the Block Booking year where participant numbers may drop to the extent where bookings over the period of the holiday may be compromised. Such arrangements will be granted on an individual basis and at the discretion of the Manager for that facility.
- The Club/Business will notify WLL/WLC of any Child Protection, Child Welfare or Adult welfare allegations or concerns.
- Organisations booking the premises will accept full responsibility for any accident, injury or damage to any persons which might occur as a result of organisations negligence whilst using the premises.
- The Let holder shall affect and maintain adequate insurance:
- Against fire and other risks covering all property which the Let holder may bring into the venue whether such property is the hirers or that for which the hirer is responsible; and
- Covering the Let holders liability, statutory and common law in respect to the let holders employees and members of the Let holders company or organisation, the Let holders guests and any other individual attending the venue in connection with the booking.
- It shall be the responsibility of the Let holder to put in place sufficient insurance including but not limited to public liability insurance, to cover all activities to be undertaken during the period of the let and all persons attending the venue for the purposes of the let. For the avoidance of any doubt, any public liability insurance cover put in place by the let holder shall be for a sum not less than £5 million in respect of any one claim and shall be unlimited in the period of insurance.