Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
Your role as an Weight Management Exercise Referral Instructor is to provide high quality, consistent, comprehensive service delivering and managing both Adult and Child weight management programes
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Deliver various 12 week weight management programmes at Xcite facilities.
- Deliver and organise physical activities for the 12 weeks programme.
- Deliver nutritional advice during the 12 weeks programme.
- Maintain referral confidentiality in accordance with process guidelines, Ensuring confidential records are stored securely
- Work in partnership with NHS Lothian
- Attend training and meetings that will support the programme.
- Assist the Health and Wellbeing department when required
- Provide a consistent, positive and engaging experience to all customers.
- Pro-actively engage with customers to meet their individual requirements
- Demonstrate activities for clients to follow
- Give advice on healthy eating and lifestyle
- Promote products and services to customers and visitors.
- Meet agreed individual and departmental targets.
- Deliver excellent customer service and resolve customer complaints should they arise
- Attend health days and fitness tests at external organisations
- Respond quickly in emergency situations
- Provide support to Health and Wellbeing consultants when possible.
- Undertake general administrative tasks to support the delivery of programmes and services
- Attend regular training to maintain job competence
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Demonstrates good core organisational competencies
- 2 standard grades or equivalent in Mathematics and English (or similar)
- Level 3 Exercise Referral qualification
- Eligibility to become a member of REPS (Register of Exercise Professionals)
- Suitable and sufficient face to face customer service experience, preferably in a similar role.
- Hold or willingness to obtain and apply knowledge/skills from Emergency First Aid qualification.
- Hold or willingness to obtain, update and apply knowledge/skills from automated external defibrillator (AED) qualification.
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety responsibilities in a sports centre environment.
- The ability to build rapport and trust quickly with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Hold and maintain a current valid driving license [and use of a vehicle].
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Experience of delivering GP referral classes, appointments, induction and review processes.
- Coaching and/or sports coaching qualifications.
- Health and Safety responsibilities in a sports centre and/or swimming pool environment
- MRM Information Management System
- Get Going coach qualification
- Membership administration and sales techniques
- Routine maintenance of fitness equipment
- Participate in outreach programmes if required.
- Maintain the secure storage of accurate confidential client records.
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This post is subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme check.
- Hours will be worked on a shift rota basis and is likely to include evenings and weekend working
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.