Job Purpose – overview
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
The role is to provide payroll and administrative support to the HR Team
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide the highest standard of customer service
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the HR function
- Collate the monthly payroll for processing ensuring accuracy and deadlines are adhered to
- Resolve payroll queries from employees relating to pay, providing clarification
- Checking the monthly payroll element reports, highlighting any errors before payroll is processed
- Data input to the HR System
- Process new starters, leavers and contractual changes
- Liaise with managers on vacancies
- Create job adverts for both internal and external candidates and manage the process throughout
- Arranging interviews
- Managing the job offers – creating offers and rejections
- Using the company social media platform to attract candidates
- Supporting the onboarding process including communication with new starts
- Raise purchase orders and process invoices
- Maintain confidential and sensitive employee records
- Prepare and circulate summary HR reports
- Archive and retrieve employee records
- Assist the HR and Training Team with projects when required
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A good ability to demonstrate the core competencies.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing
- Standard grade or equivalent in Mathematics and English
- Experience of working in a payroll function
- Ability to use excel spreadsheets and manipulate data confidently – including v-look ups
- Good level of competence in a wide range of software applications including Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Effective time management skills ability to demonstrate a high level of accuracy
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- HR IT system
- Experience of working in an HR environment
- Maintain the secure storage of accurate confidential employee records
Core organisational competencies
Service - Service delivery is about listening and putting people at the hear of our decisions
Integrity - Integrity is about being honest, open and transparent in our dealings with customers, colleagues and partners.
Respect - Respect for equality and diversity is about treating people fairly and embracing equality and diversity.
Accountability - Accountability is standing up and taking responsibility for our actions.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.