Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their well-being and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity, outdoor education and culture.
Your role is to work as part of the HR Team providing generalist support and advice to managers and staff whilst coordinating work across the Organisation in areas of designated responsibility. You will also have regular contact with external customers and applicants.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Play key role in supporting HR system projects - the transition to a new HR System
- Prepare and maintain data for migration
- Revise existing processes and highlight any changes in new environment
- Coach Managers on new system changes
- Provide support in building new Intranet provision
- Liaise and provide information to 3rd party providers
- Undertake planned HR initiatives to achieve continuous improvement
- Provide a comprehensive recruitment and selection service
- Provide support and guidance to managers on all policies and procedures
- Process HR and payroll information, ensuring the accuracy of HRM system
- Analyse and report on Payroll and HRM information and statistics
- Assist in the audit and reporting of HR procedures
- Maintain confidential and sensitive employee records
- Assist in the procurement and distribution of staff uniforms and badges
- Liaise with service providers and users to deliver excellent service
- Provide the highest standard of customer service
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Demonstrate excellent core organisational competencies
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of working in an HR environment
- Demonstrate experience of working on large HR projects, preferably data migration
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work to tight timescales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly competent in use of Excel, Word, PowerPoint and HRM systems
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Hold and maintain a current valid driving license [and use of a vehicle].
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
CIPD qualification or working towards
Maintain the secure storage of accurate confidential employee records and payroll data
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
- Required to work flexibly with some evening and weekend working
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.