Job Purpose – overview
Xcite West Lothian Leisure is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
Your role is to provide clerical and administrative support to the HR and Training teams.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to the HR and training team
- Provide the highest standard of customer service.
- Administer training bookings internally and externally
- Distribute certificates to candidates as required
- Create training packs and booklets, materials and resources to support internal training courses
- Update on-line qualification in line with awarding body policy and procedures
- Ensure HR management system employee qualification are kept up to date
- Ensure archived training records are retained in line with GDPR
- Liaise with training providers and responding to queries.
- Create and process purchase orders.
- Ensure accurate records are maintained
- Control stock of staff uniforms and badges including retrieval, issuing, ordering and recording.
- Maintain confidential and sensitive employee records
- Prepare and circulate summary HR reports.
- Archive and retrieve employee records.
- Assist the HR Team with projects when required.
- Undertake planned HR initiatives to achieve continuous improvement.
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A good ability to demonstrate the core competencies.
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Standard grade or equivalent in Mathematics and English.
- Good level of competence in a wide range of software applications including Word, Excel
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Effective time management skills and demonstrate a high level of accuracy.
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- HR IT system
- Experience of working in an HR environment
- Maintain the secure storage of accurate confidential employee records
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.