Box Office Assistant
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through the arts, sport, health and physical activity.
Your role as Box Office Assistant is to ensure the effective and efficient operation of Howden Park Centre’s Box Office and reception, and all administrative and clerical duties relating to the operation of the Centre.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
Deliver excellent customer service and resolving customer complaints if they arise
- To operate an efficient and accurate box office service using the computerised box office system and point of sale payment facilities, in person, by telephone, via email and via online sales.
- Provide a professional and friendly reception and switchboard service to customers in line with the Charity’s service objectives.
- Undertake cash transactions and implement financial procedures.
- Undertake general administrative tasks such as word-processing and filing to support the delivery of programmes and services.
- Actively promote and sell the company’s products and services, including the administration required for marketing purposes
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A good ability to demonstrate the core competencies and good management competencies
- 2 standard grades or equivalent in Mathematics and English (or similar)
- Experience of providing a friendly reception and switchboard service
- Face to face customer service experience, preferably in similar environment
- Cash handling experience.
- Good communication skills, face to face and via telephone or written correspondence
- Competent level of skill with Excel, Word
- Good administrative skills
- Good organisational skills, including the ability to prioritise customer/service demands
- An eye for detail
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Good level of competence in a wide range of software applications including Word, Excel, computerised booking system and point of sale, purchasing software and Outlook.
- Previous experience of a box office system
- A working knowledge/willingness to learn about the Charity’s policies and procedures/products and services.
- Occasionally taking possession of security keys to open and close the facility
- Mentoring new and existing staff in the role
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
- Requires a willingness to work flexibly, including evening and weekend working to meet the catering needs of the service
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.