Today is National Fish and Chip day! Rather than heading down to your local Fish and Chip shop why not make this healthy alternative at home? This recipe serves 4.
- 4x 150g fish fillets (cod, haddock or Pollock)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and fresh ground pepper
- 900g Maris piper or King Edward potatoes
- Low fat cooking spray
- 60g dried breadcrumbs
- 4 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Pre heat the oven at 200oc/180oc Fan/ gas 6.
- Then place fish fillets into a bowel and sprinkle over the lemon juice and season well. Then leave for 1 hour to marinade.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into thick chips. Place into a pan of hot water and par boil for 5 minutes.
- Once boiled drain and dry the chips on paper towel. Transfer the chips to non-stick baking sheet and then spray with low fat cooking oil.
- Mix together the breadcrumbs, parsley and seasoning to taste. Lightly beat the eggs in a bowl, then dip in the fish fillets into the egg mixture then into the breadcrumb mixture one fillet at a time.
- Place the fish fillet onto a baking sheet and spray with low calorie oil spray.
- Place the chips into the pre-heated oven cook for 10 minutes the place the fish fillets into the oven and cook for a further 15-20 minutes.
Enjoy with tartar sauce and a squeeze of lemon!