Would you know how to react in the event of a terrorist attack?. The QA Level 2 Award in citizenAID (RQF) has been specifically developed to help members of the public learn life-saving skills for use in these extreme situations.
Based on the citizenAID phone App and pocket guide, this regulated qualification is designed to teach people how to react safely, prioritise the injured and give first aid to victims in the event of a deliberate multiple casualty incident. During this 3 hour course, candidates will have the opportunity to practise techniques for dealing with catastrophic bleeding and will be equipped with the skills and knowledge needed to save lives in the aftermath of a terrorist attack.
Determining the appropriate actions to take in the following events, using the CitizenAID App or pocket guide:
- Knife attacker or active shooter
- Suspected bomb
- Exploded bomb Reporting the incident to the emergency services
- Prioritising multiple casualties
- Providing sufficient information when the emergency services arrive
- Dealing with an unresponsive casualty who is breathing:
- Opening the airways
- Checking breathing
- Recovery Position Controlling severe external bleeding:
- Applying manufactured and improvised tourniquets
- Using improvised and manufactured dressings to pack wounds
Each course is three hours in duration
All courses would be delivered here at Xcite Bathgate
Saturday 29 July 09.00 – 12.00 & 13.00 -16.00
Tuesday 8 August 18.00 – 21.00
Thursday 10 August 18.00 – 21.00
Thursday 17 August 09.00 – 12.00 & 13.00 -16.00
Book through the Xcite Training Brochure available in all Xcite facilities or here.
Bookings should be made no less than seven days prior to the start of the course.