Latest Update - 24/12/20
The Scottish Government has announced (19/12/20) that all of mainland Scotland will enter into Level 4 for a 3-week period later this week. All our Xcite venues will be closed from Christmas Eve, Thursday 24 December at 4.00 pm (3.00 pm at Xcite Whitburn).
Please take the time to read through our updated information here.
Our Safety Commitment
The health and safety of our customers and staff is central to what we do.
Please take the time to watch a message from our CEO Tim Dent on the NEW features we have put in place to welcome you back!
Cleaning and Hygiene
Let's get into the routine and keep it pristine
- We are working hard to ensure that our equipment and facilities are always kept spotless. We’re one of a few providers to go the extra mile and use Electrostatic Cleaning as part of our new cleaning measures – find out more here!
- We have increased cleaning measures throughout our venues and developed a robust cleaning rota with regular allocated cleaning slots between each session.
- There are hygiene stations readily available throughout our venues with hand sanitiser, cleaning spray and paper towels to wipe down kit.
- We kindly ask you to clean down your kit before and after using it.
- Please remember to wash your hands regularly.
- Together we can keep your local community leisure trust shiny and clean!
Keep it distant and consistent
- We’re a sociable bunch but please do your best to maintain social distancing throughout our venues at all times.
- Please wear a face covering, as per Scottish Government Guidelines, when entering and exiting our buildings. We ask you to remove your mask once you reach your activity area and before you start training. Please also wear a face mask in the corridors and café areas.
- Please follow our directional signage and health and safety notices throughout our venues.
- All our activity areas have been marked out with appropriate social distancing floor markings.
- We have moved our kit to allow appropriate distance as per guidelines.
- We are one of a few providers that have gone the extra mile and fitted protective screens between our cardio kit in the gym so you can be assured of safe training.
- 100% of our ventilation will come from fresh air.
- All our activities will require to be booked in advance via our WLL Xcite App or on our website. Find out more here.
- Timetables and bookings will be made available from Monday 7 September.
- This will enable us to manage the traffic within our buildings and in what areas at all times.
- Activity timetable have been staggered to so a minimum number of customers coming into the building at the same time.
- We ask customers to arrive no earlier than 5 mins before their activity is due to start.
- All activities will have limited capacity in line with the latest guidelines.
- There will also be cleaning slots built into each area timetabled programme.
- You will be required to check-in at reception or the kiosk to record your visit. This will info will help assist track and trace.
- All the Xcite Team will be re-trained so they are up-to-speed with new health & safety procedures. Any changes or updates will be trained out to the Xcite Team
- We ask you to observe all health and safety signage and staff guidance when visiting us.
- If you have any concerns or need support please speak to a member of the Xcite Team.
- We ask all our customers and staff to follow the latest government guidance and if you have symptoms please stay at home.
- The Xcite Team will be provided with the appropriate PPE for their working environments.
- Please check out below links for further info before visiting us.
- Please check out our FAQs, these will be regularly reviewed as we make changes to meet guidelines as these are updated. You can also ask us a question on our webchat at westlothianleisure.com.
- We will continue to follow national governing guidelines from Sportscotland
Healthier, happier together!
Please can we ask you to remain patient with the Xcite team and other members, particularly when we need to remain distant to keep everyone safe. We thank you for your understanding and ask you to be kind as we navigate our way through this time.