Last update 27 May 2020
Please take the time to read through the following guidelines prior to attending any of our golf facilities at Polkemmet Golf & Driving Range and at Xcite Bathgate.
All our guidance and procedures is in association with Scottish Golf and Community Leisure UK. The guidelines have been established to ensure a safe environment for all golfers and staff as outlined by the Scottish Government. Please see Scottish Government website for full details here.
We ask all golfers to regularly check here for any updates before attending the courses.
Book in advance online:
- Pre book your tee-time online via the WLL Xcite App or on our website - find out more here.
- Tee group sizes - 4 players, no more than 2 households allowed.
In advance of play:
- Travel to the golf course/driving range from your home must be in line with Scottish Government guidelines.
- If you are in the highest risk (shielding) group outlined by the Government, then you should stay at home.
- If you are ill or have any symptoms of COVID- 19 then stay at home.
- Please visit NHS Scotland website for latest guidance on COVID-19.
- Ensure you have enough golf balls, tees etc - you should not share equipment with other players.
- Aim to arrive at the course no more than 15 minutes prior to play.
- Park your car in such a way as to facilitate physical distancing.
- Change your shoes in the car park.
On the course/driving range:
- Check in at reception - a face mask must be worn.
- Use hand sanitiser provided at reception.
- Driving Range - sanitised tokens will be available at reception only.
- Only golfers are allowed on course/driving range.
- Always observe social distancing rules on the course/driving range and follow the signage provided.
- Do not arrive at the first tee more than 5 minutes before your allotted tee time.
- With no rakes allowed on the course, golfers to make their very best efforts to smooth the sand using their club and/or their feet.
- Following play of a hole, do not enter the next teeing area until the all players of the group in front have played their tee-shots and exited the teeing area.
- Do not share equipment, food or drink with other players during your round.
- Do not use on-course water fountains, ball cleaners etc.
- Do not touch the flag or flagstick. Putt with the flagstick in and remove your own ball from the hole. Remember not every putt needs to be holed out in casual golf.
- Sanitise basket in range and collect balls.
- Go straight to the available bay.
- After play return basket to collection point.
- Follow the exit sign to leave driving range (a new exit point has been created).
After your round:
- Return directly to your car, change your shoes, put your equipment in your car and leave.
In addition, following guidelines should be observed:
- Use toilet facilities at home before you leave.
- Bring your own hand sanitiser to the course and use regularly during the round.
- Bring your own hydration/food to the course. There will be some snacks and drinks available for purchase at Polkemmet's reception for cashless payment.
- Note any payment will be cashless.