Venue Supervisor @ Howden Park Centre - HPCVS001
Job Title : Venue Supervisor
Location : Howden Park Centre, Livingston
Salary : £17,103.16 per annum, £9.1363 per hour
Hour per week : 36 hours per week. Hours to be worked in accordance with Business needs.
Closing date : Wednesday 17th January 2018 noon.
Click here to apply on-line
Xcite West Lothian Leisure is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity, outdoor education and culture.
Your role as Venue Supervisor is to be responsible for supervising the work of staff to ensure that the facilities are running efficiently and that excellent customer service is delivered.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Supervise and co-ordinate the work of staff
- Ensure that all staff, customers, contractors and visitors are working to the highest standards to ensure a safe and secure environment
- Ensure adherence to the organisations, policies, procedures and working guidance
- Ensure sufficient numbers of appropriately trained staff are available to safely deliver services
- Ensure that the facility programme is delivered successfully in accordance with the service standards
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness in the facility
- Carry out front-line staff duties
- Prepare timesheets for authorisation
- Liaise with property maintenance staff and contractors to assist in the maintenance of property and assets
- Actively promote and sell products and services
- Undertake administrative functions, stock management and the maintenance of accurate records
- Ensure that cash takings are secure and counted in line with the Charity’s policies and procedures.
- Carry out general tasks including routine maintenance and cleaning duties.
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A good ability to demonstrate the core competencies and management competencies.
- Excellent customer service experience and skills preferably gained in the arts/leisure industry.
- Hold or willingness to obtain and apply knowledge/skills from Emergency First Aid qualification.
- Hold or willingness to obtain, update and apply knowledge/skills from automated external defibrillator(AED) qualification.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent level of skill with Excel, Word
- Good administrative skills
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Successful study at HNC level or above or equivalent.
- Supervisory experience, preferably in a similar environment.
- A good knowledge of building maintenance and an ability to carry out minor repairs/decoration.
- A working knowledge of audio/visual equipment
- Proficient in the use of MRM Information Management System.
- The work can be physically demanding and includes working at heights and setting out and clearing heavy furniture and equipment
- At times may be required to work in a busy kitchen environment
- Open and close the Venue and ensuring security of its assets.
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
Core Management Competencies
Developing self and others
Investing time and resources in developing self and others’ capability.
Team working/Leading and inspire
Motivating others and developing teams to deliver the trust’s objectives.
Making sense of complex and disparate ideas and innovating.
Investigating and gathering information in order to make sound commercial decisions.
Being business focused with a desire to constantly improve performance.
Partnership working/stakeholder management
Working effectively with others inside and outside the trust to achieve the best outcomes.
Analysis and decision making
Identifying and analysing relevant data from multiple sources. Making objective and timely decisions based on available evidence and sound analysis. Generating a range of ideas to support decision making process.
- This position is subject to a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
- Required to work flexibly including public holidays, evenings and weekends, to meet service demands.
- You will be required to be available for emergency call outs
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.and weekends.