Senior IT Support Analyst
Senior IT Support Analyst @ Xcite Head Office BDSISA
Job Title : Senior IT Support Analyst
Location: Xcite Head Office, Xcite Head Office
Salary: £26,383.02 per annum plus a 10% on call allowance.
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week. The hours of work are mainly office hours, but there may be some requirement to work flexibly, which could include evening and weekends. Plus being part of an on-call out of hours support.
Job Code : BDSISA
Closing date: Wednesday 17th January 2018 noon
Apply online here
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
Your role is to provide 2nd line operational and technical support for all information and communication technology systems.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Ensure all calls are logged and actioned accordingly in the Helpdesk system.
- Maintain the full range of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) systems.
- Ensure the systems are running at optimum performance with minimum ICT down time.
- Respond, investigate and resolve Customer Support Requests.
- Site visits to investigate, coordinate and resolve open support requests and provide proactive maintenance.
- Perform software upgrades, patching and installations of the Server environment.
- Administer user accounts within the Active Directory environment (local and remote) in order to provide secure and efficient access to email, standard and non-standard software and systems.
- Provide reports and analysis with regards to the ICT systems and user support statistics and other data, recommending appropriate measures.
- Monitor and maintain full range of ICT systems including operating systems, security systems, telephone system, data network and back- up.
- Carry out designated ICT projects and work to timescales and within costs.
- Provide an [additional] out of hours ICT support service.
- Line management of other members of ICT staff.
- Ability to attend meetings and offer technical advice as required, in the absence of the IT Manager.
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Educated to HND level or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as computing.
- Experience of Terminal Server (RemoteApp) environments and their management.
- Experience of automated and manual Operation System and application patching.
- Networking knowledge including static IP addressing and routing.
- Minimum Cisco CCENT qualification.
- Supporting a Mitel VOIP phone solution.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional Enterprise Admin or current equivalent.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Commendable experience of managing complex IT requirements in a similar environment.
- Experience of the following:
- Microsoft Exchange 2010-2013
- Microsoft Server 2008-2012 R2 including IIS and RemoteApp
- Microsoft SQL 2008-2014
- Backup and replication solutions
- Dell hardware for Desktops, Servers and iSCSI storage solutions
- Managing Firewalls
- Installation and configuration of CISCO switches
- Trend Micro Enterprise Security Suite and Deep Security
- Excellent organisation skills and the ability to prioritise workload
- Current valid driving license [and use of a vehicle].
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of the leisure industry
- Managing Sonicwall firewall products
- Cisco CCNA qualification
- Managing Mitel VOIP phone solutions
- VEEAM backup-replication solutions
- IT Security scanning and remediation tools
- Excellent project management skills
- Knowledge of IT requirements for PCI-DSS compliance.
- On call Out of hours support on a rota basis of 2 weeks on 4 weeks off.
- Part of the job requires providing support on site at different locations.
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This post is subject to a basic check from Disclosure Scotland.
- Required to work flexibly with some evening and weekend working
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.