Job Purpose – overview
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity.
Your role as Administration Assistant is to provide administrative support to Management Team.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Undertake administrative duties to the support the effective delivery of services in the schools bookings team.
- Provide secretarial support to Managers. Taking minutes and summarising meetings.
- Process booking requests for multiple facilities
- Raise invoices and follow up on outstanding invoices
- Maintain MRM database, creating and maintaining booking sheets
- Assist in staff training
- Ensure that publicity material is current, well displayed and stocked.
- Maintain the integrity of customer databases and records
- Produce summary reports at designated intervals
- Deliver excellent customer service and resolve customer complaints should they arise
- Provide advice and information to customers on all the Charity’s products and services and assist in growing the product
Provide a professional and friendly reception and switchboard service as may be required from time to time. The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- An excellent ability to demonstrate the core competencies.
- Standard grade or equivalent in Mathematics and English (or similar)
- Good level of competence in a wide range of software applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MRM, Cascade, Exchequer, Mail Merge, Outlook
- Experience of undertaking similar admin and secretarial and services
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate professionally both verbally and in writing.
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise workload.
- Effective time management skills and demonstrate a high level of accuracy.
- Cash handling experience.
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Face to face customer service experience, preferably in similar leisure environment
- Experience of providing a friendly reception and switchboard service
- Mentoring new and existing admin and reception staff
- Occasionally taking possession of security keys to open and close the facility
Core organisational competencies
- Service delivery
- Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
- Honesty and integrity
- Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
- Respect for equality and diversity
- Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
- Personal effectiveness
- Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This post is subject to a basic check from Disclosure Scotland.
- Attendance at evening and weekend events may be required on occasion.
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.