Sales and Marketing Manager
Sales and Marketing Manager @ Xcite Head Office BDSMM
Job Title : Sales and Marketing Manager
Location: Xcite Head Office, Xcite Bathgate
Salary: £29,702.21 + 10% = £32,672.43. This post is also eligible for a company lease car.
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week. Mainly officer hours, but you may be required to work flexibly, which may include some evening and weekend working
Job Code : BDSMM
Closing date: Sunday 14th January 2018
Apply online here
Job Purpose – overview
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through the arts, sport, health and physical activity.
Your role is to manage the Charity’s Leisure Management software, reporting systems, e-mail marketing software, Sales and Marketing activities to increase and retain memberships. Also, analysing market research information to develop products and services.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Manage sales and marketing staff and centralised bookings team.
- Manage sales and marketing budget for responsible areas.
- Manage and develop the Leisure Management software and reporting systems.
- Manage the e-mail marketing software to maximise the interaction with all customers.
- Manage and develop the Charity’s sales and promotion campaigns.
- Manage and develop the individual and corporate membership process, responding to escalated queries as appropriate.
- Plan, manage and develop the Charity’s market research and community engagement process to ensure the impact of the market research analytics is maximised.
- Provide professional sales, marketing and market research advice
- Prepare and deliver training to peers and colleagues.
- Provide reports and make presentations to the SMT and Board as required.
- Management of the leisure management account being main point of contact
- Develop a 5 year plan for the leisure management system
- Manage the e-mail marketing supplier account, being the main point of contact.
- Create a 5 year sale plan which will have a 12 month business plan for the immediate 12 month period. This sales plan will form part of the company Marketing Plan.
- Manage the pricing strategy for the company looking 5 years ahead. Lead the pricing group for all 24 sites and chair the meetings held.
- Manage sales campaigns in other areas out-with membership and have these documented and budgeted in the sales strategy.
- Manage key external marketing contract like radio, billboards door to door advertising contract.
- Manage the provision of external sales teams and when they can be most effective to buy in to boost membership sales.
- Liaise closely with the Health & Fitness Manager and Operations team to ensure we have a clear and effective approach that works in partnership with all areas of the business.
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as business, sales or marketing.
- Demonstrates excellent core competencies and good management competencies
- Hold or willingness to study for a Leadership & Management qualification (level 3) within first year of post.
- Hold or willingness to study for a nationally recognised sales qualification within the first year of the post.
- Hold or willingness to study for the ILM level 3 Coaching certificate within first year of post.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Managing budgets
- Experience of effective presenting and report writing with a solutions focused approach
- Highly competent level of skill with Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Highly proficient in Management Information Systems and data bases.
- Current valid driving licence [and use of a vehicle]
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in a similar sales and marketing role
- Leisure management experience, preferably in a multi-site environment.
- Experience of designing and delivering training sessions
- As a member of the extended management team, provide leadership and motivation to peers, colleagues and direct line management reports
- Provide an [additional] out of hours management information systems update service
- As a member of the Extended Management Team lead on strategic and operations plans for Sales & Marketing, including determining resource allocation and ways of working.
- Jointly responsible for managing the Marketing budget.
- Deputise for the Marketing Communications Manager.
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
Core Management competencies
Developing self and others
Investing time and resources in developing self and others’ capability.
Team working/Leading and inspire
Motivating others and developing teams to deliver the Charity’s objectives.
Making sense of complex and disparate ideas and innovating.
Investigating and gathering information in order to make sound commercial decisions.
Being business focused with a desire to constantly improve performance.
Partnership working/stakeholder management
Working effectively with others inside and outside the Charity to achieve the best outcomes.
Analysis and decision making
Identifying and analysing relevant data from multiple sources. Making objective and timely decisions based on available evidence and sound analysis. Generating a range of ideas to support decision making process.