Membership Coordinator @ Xcite Head Office BDMC
Job Title : Membership Coordinator
Location: Xcite Head Office, Xcite Head Office
Salary: £19,625.39 per annum
Hours of Work: 36 hours per week. The hours of work are mainly office hours, but there may be some requirement to work flexibly, which could include evening and weekends.
Job Code : BDMC
Closing date: Sunday 14th January 2018
Apply online here
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through the arts, sport, health and physical activity.
Your role as Membership Coordinator is to use membership information to maximise revenue and to devise and implement policies and processes to maximise retention.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Monitor and evaluate membership data and report to the Sales and Marketing Manager any variances to target.
- Provide a support service for all facilities to help with the smooth operation of the membership DD system offering advice and support as and when required.
- Critically analyse all membership Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)and report findings to the Sales and Marketing Manager
- Convert a targeted percentage of all cancellations to appointment and subsequent retention as members.
- Convert a targeted percentage of new membership leads to appointments and subsequent engagement as members.
- Identify opportunities to change membership status e.g. Under 5’s to NRG, NRG – Xcite XT, Xcite XT - Adult or Adult to Prime of Life.
- Increase member retention by providing an after sales service.
- Audit membership campaigns and service plans, reporting findings to the Sales and Marketing Manager.
- Manage on-line membership information and communicate with members.
- Manage on-line booking information, accuracy of bookings and communicate with members.
- Maximise monthly DD runs by ensuring accuracy of data input.
- Review accuracy of systems data to ensure errors are reduced to a minimum.
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Demonstrates excellent core organisational competencies.
- 1-2 years customer service experience either in Fitness, Sports and Exercise Environment
- An in-depth knowledge of leisure industry.
- A knowledge of business use for social media and mobile marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly competent level of skill with Excel and Word
- Can write comprehensive and detailed reports and letters.
- Proven ability to produce detailed work plans
- Experience of successfully having managed projects and worked to timescales and within budget.
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
- Hold and maintain a current valid driving license [and use of a vehicle].
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Educated to HND level or equivalent in a relevant discipline such as Sales and Marketing or Health and Fitness
- A knowledge of customer relationship software
- A knowledge of mobile marketing
- Working within the marketing department to maximise the benefits of membership business intelligence
- Direct responsibility for managing online membership information.
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
- Required to work flexibly with evening and weekend working
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.