Leisure Receptionist @ Armadale Academy - ADALR001
Job: Leisure Receptionist
Location: Armadale Academy
Salary: £8.3325 per hour
Closing date: 1st August 2017, noon.
Hours: 18 hours per week. Work pattern, as follows :
Monday 5pm until 10pm
Tuesday 5pm until 10pm
Sunday 9am until 5pm
To apply online, click here
Job Purpose – overview
West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity, outdoor education and culture.
Your role as a Leisure Receptionist is to provide a high quality reception service supporting users of the Community Hub and related facilities at Armadale Academy
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Open and close the facilities and ensure security of assets.
- Provide a professional and friendly reception service to customers in line with the Company’s service objectives
- Process bookings and ensure compliance with conditions of let
- Undertake cash transactions, prepare invoices implement financial procedures.
- Undertake general administrative tasks such as word-processing and filing to support the delivery of programmes and services.
- Deliver excellent customer service and resolve customer complaints should they arise
- Set up and take down sports equipment and make sure that it is safe
- Ensure that users have the agreed resources.
- Help ensure the health and safety of facility users by undertaking regular checks, following procedures and recording and reporting incidents and defects
- Promote the Community Hub’s products and services to customers and visitors.
- Assist with projects, initiatives and services to support sports clubs and user groups.
- Produce summary reports at designated intervals and as required
- Maintain vending stock levels and process takings (at designated facilities)
- Undertake general routine maintenance and cleaning duties around the reception area (at designated facilities)
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A good ability to demonstrate the core competencies.
- 2 standard grades or equivalent in Mathematics and English (or similar)
- Experience of providing a friendly reception service
- Face to face customer service experience, preferably in similar leisure environment
- Capable of setting up and taking down equipment used for sports activities
- Confident and comfortable working alone without supervision
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Successful study of a relevant subject at level HNC or equivalent
- Cash handling experience.
- Good level of competence in a wide range of software applications including Word, Excel, MRM, Exchequer, Outlook.
- A working knowledge/willingness to learn about the Charity’s policies and procedures/products and services.
- Holding security keys to open and close facilities
- Mentoring new and existing staff in the role
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This position is subject to a Protecting Vulnerable Groups (PVG) scheme check.
- Hours will be worked on a fixed shift basis and include evenings and weekend working
You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.