Job purpose - Overview
West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through sport, health and physical activity, outdoor education and culture.
Your role as a Countryside Attendant is to assist in the operations of Polkemmet Country Park and its facilities.
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Provide a professional and friendly service to customers in line with the Company’s service objectives
- Assist in duties relating to the running of Polkemmet’s Visitor Centre
- Perform duties in, and around, the Country Park as required for essential maintenance, including litter-picking and emptying bins
- Deliver excellent customer service and resolve customer complaints should they arise
- Open and close the driving range, ensure security of assets and maintain records of ball issue, user numbers etc.
- Collect and issue balls at the driving range.
- Wash/repair/replace targets on the range on a regular basis.
- Clean golf balls in mechanical ball washer and prepare for use to the public.
- Issue hired golf clubs to the public on presentation of pre-purchased ticket.
- Ensure patrons comply with regulations relating to the use of the range.
- Carry out maintenance work on park equipment on a weekly basis.
- Ensure that the driving range is clean and tidy, including grounds maintenance.
- Patrol the Golf course to check tickets and ensure customers are complying with the course rules.
- Liaise with receptionists regarding the issue of tickets.
- Help ensure the health and safety of facility users by undertaking regular checks, following procedures and recording and reporting incidents and defects
- Promote the Charity’s products and services to customers and visitors.
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A good ability to demonstrate the core competencies.
- Ability to drive and operate mini-tractor and mechanical plant
- Face to face customer service experience
- Confident and comfortable working alone without supervision
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence.
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Holding security keys to open and close facilities
v Mentoring new and existing staff in the role
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
- This position is subject to a Basic Disclosure Scotland scheme check.
- To hold a current driving licence
- Hours will be worked on a fixed shift basis and include evenings and weekend working
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.