Catering Supervisor Howden HPCCAS001
Job Title : Catering Supervisor
Location : Howden Park Centre, Livingston
Salary : £19,285.85 per annum, £10.3017 per hour
Hour per week : 36 hours per week. Hours to be worked in accordance with Business needs.
Closing date : 14th July 2017, noon.
Click here to apply on-line
Job Purpose – overview
Xcite West Lothian Leisure (Xcite) is a Community Benefit Organisation, a registered Scottish charity. It is at the heart of the West Lothian community, helping people to improve their wellbeing and make healthy lifestyle choices. We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian. As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people’s lives through the arts, sport, health and physical activity.
Your role as Catering Supervisor is to prepare and serve a range of simple hot and cold meals, drinks, sandwiches and snacks and to supervise staff to ensure the delivery of an excellent catering service
Core Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Deliver excellent customer service and resolving customer complaints if they arise
- Supervise and co-ordinate the catering, waiting and bar staff. Including the preparation of staff rota’s
- Ensure adherence to the organisations, policies, procedures and working guidance
- Supervise, assist in the preparation and serve a range of hot and cold meals, drinks, sandwiches and snacks. For example, wedding breakfasts, hot and cold buffets for up to 300 and drinks receptions
- Actively promote the healthy eating agenda.
- Manage stock ordering processes and procurement effectively to ensure optimal stock levels are maintained. Ensuring minimal wastage and that costs are controlled.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety legislation and HACCP System for food hygiene standards
- Maintain accurate, HACCP, stock, health and safety, financial, training, environmental etc records.
- Actively promote and sell the company’s products and services
- Assist in the development of new offerings to enhance the integration of products and services
- Manage the stock and operation of the vending machines
- Ensure that cash takings are secure and counted in line with policies and procedures.
- Ensure the highest standards of cleanliness in and around the catering area
- Undertake administrative functions and maintain accurate records
- Liaise with property maintenance staff and contractors to assist in the maintenance of property and assets
- Carry out general tasks including routine maintenance and cleaning duties
The above list is illustrative, not exhaustive. Accordingly, there may be a requirement to undertake additional duties, consistent with the level of the post, as directed by management.
Essential Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- A good ability to demonstrate the core competencies and good management competencies
- REHIS Elementary Food Health and Hygiene Level 2
- Supervisory experience, preferably in a catering environment
- Have obtained or willing to work towards
- CMI Leadership and Management Level 3 within the first year
- IOSH Managing Safely within the first year
- Excellent customer service experience and skills preferably gained in the leisure industry
- Basic food preparation and food assembly to comply with Food safety & HACCP
- An eye for detail
- Stock management and merchandising experience
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Competent level of skill with Excel, Word
- Good administrative skills
- Willingness to continuously develop and attend training and development sessions in line with your personal training plan, on occasion out-with your normal hours of work, to ensure the required level of competence
Desirable Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Successful study at HNC level or above or equivalent.
- Recognised First Aid at Work qualification.
- Working knowledge of IT including MS Office packages.
- A working knowledge of Health and Safety responsibilities in a catering environment.
- Work with the Venue Manager to implement service standards and achieve budgetary objectives
- Work with the Catering Manager to implement plans to improve and grow the catering service in line with the Company’s objectives to promote a healthier lifestyle.
- Required to develop a close working relationship with the Front of House and Events Coordinators.
- Catering Assistants will report to this position
- Will work in a hot kitchen environment with peak busy times
- Key holder for Catering facilities
Core organisational competencies
Champions the service, focusing on individual customer’s needs and responding with service that surpasses their expectations.
Honesty and integrity
Being truthful, keeping promises and commitments and making ethical decisions.
Respect for equality and diversity
Understanding others’ behaviours and culture and treating everyone fairly.
Personal responsibility for making things happen – being accountable for your own actions.
Core management competencies
Developing self and others
Investing time and resources in developing self and others’ capability.
Team working/Leading and inspire
Motivating others and developing teams to deliver the trust’s objectives.
Making sense of complex and disparate ideas and innovating.
Investigating and gathering information in order to make sound commercial decisions.
Being business focused with a desire to constantly improve performance.
Partnership working/stakeholder management
Working effectively with others inside and outside the trust to achieve the best outcomes.
Analysis and decision making
Identifying and analysing relevant data from multiple sources. Making objective and timely decisions based on available evidence and sound analysis. Generating a range of ideas to support decision making process.
- This post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Scotland check.
- Requires a willingness to work flexibly, including evening and weekend working to meet the catering needs of the service
- Required to be a named licensee and therefore responsible for delivering basic bar training associated with the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.
- You will be required to be aware of current Health and Safety Policy and to take responsibility for your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by your acts or omissions at work.