West Lothian Leisure (WLL) was established on 1st February 1998. WLL is a company limited by guarantee registered in Scotland with registered number SC 543017 and a Scottish Charity registered number SC 27470. Our Registered Office is at Xcite Bathgate, Balbardie Park, Torphichen Road, Bathgate, West Lothian, EH48 4LA.
The day to day operations of the organisation are managed by the Senior Management Team led by the Chief Executive, who is given strategic direction by a Board of Non Executive Directors. There are 12 Directors on the Board (who are all volunteers) and they have ultimate control of the organisation subject to providing and operating the services in accordance with contracts, leases and funding agreements made with West Lothian Council and other partners.
The Board is made up of:
- 3 Elected Representatives of the Workforce
- 3 Representatives of Users of the Service (Customers)
- 3 Representatives from the local Business Community
- 3 Elected Members from West Lothian Council
In delivering its services as Xcite WLL works with many partners including West Lothian Council, NHS Lothian, West Lothian Community Health and Care Partnership, sportscotland and many Governing Bodies of Sport. In doing so we make a significant contribution to many of the outcomes in West Lothian Community Planning Partner's Single Outcome Agreement and to the Scottish Government's vision for Scotland where more people are more active more often.
To be an organisation that is at the heart of our growing community, helping residents to improve their well being, and offering opportunities for all to make healthy lifestyle choices. Our service and facilities are best in class and our sustainable practices enable us to re-invest for the benefit of future generations of West Lothian people.
As a valued organisation that understands, cares about and engages with its community, we are the delivery partner of choice for West Lothian organisations responsible for improving people's lives through sport, health and physical activity.
Integrity - We are honest, open and transparent in our dealings with our customers, colleagues and partners.
Respect - We treat people fairly and embrace equality and diversity.
Service - We listen and put people at the heart of our decisions.
Accountability - We stand up and take responsibility for our actions.
Our Service Standards
- We care passionately about the service we provide to the people who live, work and visit West Lothian.
- We listen to what you say and strive every day to improve our services.
- We smile and are always knowledgeable, helpful and friendly.
- We take personal responsibility for doing a great job and for the quality of the service you receive.
- We take pride in our personal appearance and what we wear