|12/08/2015 15:29 Maintenance work on the pool @ Xcite Linlithgow|
Essential Pool Closure @ Xcite Linlithgow
All water based activities will be cancelled during this time including Swimming Lessons, Sauna and Steam Room. Although we understand that this will impact on customers swim time we have incorporated the closure to coincide with Swim Teacher Training week when lessons are suspended.
We encourage customers to use one of
Swim Timetables are available on our website http://www.westlothianleisure.com/xcite/swim/swim-timetable.html
Please note the rest of the building will be open as normal during.
As the Pool Area will be closed for 3 weeks we have taken this as an opportunity to upgrade the changing facilities on poolside.
For more information please contact reception 01506 237960.
|12/08/2015 10:01 Swim Teacher Training Week - no lessons|
Swim Teacher Training Week
No Swimming Lessons
Monday 24 August – Sunday 30 August 2015
It is crucial for our Learn 2 Swim Teachers to continually improve and learn the most up-to-date expertise in swimming lessons. This develops their skills and enables them to deliver a high level of teaching and experience to you and your child. It helps bring together ideas on how to keep the lessons, current, fresh and fun! In order to make this happen all our Learn 2 Swim Teachers will attend a weeks training course from Monday 24 August – Sunday 30 August.
There will be no swimming lessons running during this week. This has been accommodated in all lesson plans and payments.
Don’t forget to look out for your next progress report from Monday 31 August 2015.
|20/07/2015 10:39 Gala Dates - No public Swimming|
For time to time some of our Swimming Pool Venues will be hired out for Swimming Galas. There will be no public swimming, swimming lessons or any other water based swimming activities available at that time.
For list of our upcoming Galas please see below:
Xcite Bathgate T: 01506 237910
The Pool area (including Main, Teaching Pools, Sauna and Steam Room) will be closed for public swimming on the below dates due to Swimming Galas.
Closed All Day:
Closed 1:30pm to Close
Swim lessons will run as normally on the above dates.
|27/01/2015 00:00 Want to know about last minute changes to activities and service?|
Like us on Facebook to keep-up-to-date with the latest activities we have on offer. Watch out for offers, new activities, Health & Fitness tips and lots more! We'll also post any changes to our timetable and services, especially useful if this is an unavoidable last minute change.
Xcite Swim is available at 6 venues across West Lothian, with 20 - 25 metre pools as well as Teaching Pools for young kids to learn to swim. Swimming is an excellent activity that can be shared with family and friends. Not only is it a brilliant way to tone up and burn calories, but can be used as a gentle, safe exercise for those starting out, recovering from injury or during pregnancy.
Thousands of kids learn to swim with Xcite Swim each year! Our Learn to Swim Programme has proved successful, with a range of lessons from Adult & Baby to Improvers. Adult classes are also available, so it’s never too late to learn!
Swim 4 Fitness allows swimmers to enjoy designated time for lane swimming so that you can improve your swimming skills and fitness.
Benefits of Swimming
- It is a lifetime sporting activity - from Baby to Over 60's
- A lifesaving skill
- Swimming is great for your heart and helps to improve circulation as your heart works to pump blood around your whole body
- An all over body toning exercise
- It is a low impact exercise (as water takes your weight)
- Can be taken by women during pregnancy, or people who have mobility problems or want to protect their joints due to low impact
- It is good for your lungs, longer breaths helps boost the lungs
- A great calorie burn - 30mins at a good pace can burn 200 calories
- Resistance of the water can make you work harder than an activity on land
Benefits of Swimming @ Xcite
- 6 local swimming pools in West Lothian Area
- Qualified Lifeguards and qualified First Aiders
- Teaching Pools for beginners and babies
- Successful Learn to Swim Programme (ASA affiliated)
- Poolside Saunas and Steam Rooms to relax in after your swim
- Aquafit Fitness Classes
- Swim 4 Fitness, lane swimming sessions
- Kids Water Activity Sports from inflatables to Jet Skis
- Pool Hoists available